The National LGBTI Health Alliance is pleased to announce that the MindOUT National LGBTI Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Project has received a renewal of its funding from the Department of Health under the National Suicide Prevention Leadership and Support Program.
This additional funding will mean that MindOUT can continue its critically important work providing national leadership to support positive outcomes for LGBTI people and communities within mental health and suicide prevention services, programmes and organisations.
Established in 2011, MindOUT works collaboratively with the mental health and suicide prevention sectors to ensure that LGBTI people are provided with, and are able to access, the best possible services for their health and wellbeing. MindOUT forms partnerships with organisations and services across Australia helping them to develop strategies and initiatives that respect local cultures and communities.
MindOUT will work to develop and implement a range of activities, including:
- Facilitate leadership, strategic partnerships and collaboration within LGBTI mental health and suicide prevention.
- Implementation of the National LGBTI Mental Health & Suicide Prevention Strategy.
- Support the Primary Health Networks to lead a regional approach for suicide prevention activities which meets the needs of LGBTI people at a local level.
- Delivery of Network MindOUT, which provides professional development and access to information, resources and research relevant to LGBTI mental heatlh
- Continued support for the MindOUT Champions to support mental health and suicide prevention organisations to be more inclusive and accessible to LGBTI populations
- Development of additional resources and tools to support the sector in its inclusive practices that will compliment existing MindOUT resources.
- Continued collaboration with people from target populations, including young people, intersex people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disabilities, and people who are culturally and/or linguistically diverse.
- Establishment of a new MindOUT Expert Advisory Group.
- And more!
Visit the MindOUT page to see an overview of the projects work to date, and to register to Network MindOUT to receive regular project updates.
National MindOUT Project Coordinator