Report of the 2nd National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex Ageing and Aged Care Roundtable, held on 12-13 August 2014. The objectives of this Roundtable were to:
- To review the progress of the National LGBTI Ageing and Aged Care Strategy and identify:
- Progress on implementation of the Strategy
- Priority areas for the next 1 – 2 years of the Strategy
- What areas of the first Roundtable were not included in the strategy and how these can be advanced
- Any emerging issues.
- To identify healthy ageing opportunities, needs and wants of older LGBTI people, including housing, health, mental health and other non-aged care sector services.
- To discuss the progress of cultural change within the ageing and aged care sectors and initiatives to achieve support of LGBTI people within aged care.
The Report from this Roundtable is now available and will be used to advocate to Government around the key recommendations.