We invite you to participate in this brief survey on LGBTI-inclusive data in the 2021 Census.
Survey closes: Wednesday 13 June 2018
This survey will:
- Support the National LGBTI Health Alliance to represent the concerns of LGBTI people in an upcoming submission to the ABS in their review of 2021 Census topics.
- Take approximately 20 minutes to complete. If you would like to complete this survey over the telephone please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a time to speak. You can also download a printable version of this survey here.
- Use the acronym ‘LGBTI’ to refer to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and intersex people and communities. We recognise the important historical and legislative role that this acronym has to play. However, the Alliance acknowledges the limitations of using ‘LGBTI’, and affirms that the diversity of human bodies, genders, sexualities, relationships, and identities is far broader than any acronym can encompass. We will work to ensure that this broader diversity is embedded in the Census.
How will the information from this survey be used?
- The Policy & Research team will use your de-identified information in the Alliance’s submission to the ABS to advocate for LGBTI-inclusive data collection in the 2021 Census.
Privacy and confidentiality
- This survey is anonymous.
- The information provided will only be used in a de-identified format.
- Where identities might be inferred from the responses, we anonymise the data use aggregated reporting to ensure privacy of participants.
Who can I ask for more information?