DEADLINE: Monday, August 10th at 5 pm Sydney time
What’s this about?
New changes to aged care services should give you more control over what happens to you. We want to know if that is happening. How much do you know about the changes? How can we help you get what you need.
Who should respond?
If you are:
- an older LGBTI person
- a carer or loved one of an older LGBTI person
- an aged care service provider
What do we want to know?
The National LGBTI Health Alliance invites you to share your thoughts on the following questions:
- Tell us in a few dot points what are the key messages you have heard about the new Consumer-Directed Care (CDC) model in aged care services and from where?
- From what you know, how is CDC different from previous aged care models?
- Which (if any) aspects of CDC do you find confusing or unclear?
- Which (if any) aspects of CDC do you find helpful or beneficial? If you have experience with CDC, we encourage you to share your experience.
- What do you feel aged care service providers, carers, and loved ones need to understand in order to make sure CDC is applied in a way that respects all people’s genders (including those who identify as non-gendered), bodies, relationships, and sexualities?
- Which (if any) LGBTI-related concerns do you have about the use of a CDC approach in aged care services? If so, what do you suggest to address these concerns?
Where should you send responses?
Reply to Dr Gávi Ansara, Manager of Research & Policy, at email@example.com
**Please make sure to put “INCLUSIVE CDC” in the title of your email.
When are responses due?
Monday, August 10th at 5 pm Sydney time