We are recruiting staff for the following positions:
Membership and Communications Officer
The National LGBTI Health Alliance provides a national focus to improve health outcomes for LGBTI people through policy, advocacy, representation, research evidence, and capacity building.
Our vision is for a healthy lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans/transgender, intersex, and other sexuality, gender, and bodily diverse people and communities throughout Australia and the world, free from stigma and discrimination. The Alliance works in partnership with organisations across Australia to deliver three program areas; national suicide prevention (MindOUT), ageing and aged care (Silver Rainbow) and anonymous, LGBTI peer support and referral (QLife) and our new disability program.
About the Role
The Membership and Communications Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Alliance membership program is implemented to a high standard and that Alliance members receive optimal benefits. The position is also responsible for implementing the Alliance’s Communication Framework to ensure that the Alliance develops and implements innovative communication and marketing strategies that reflect industry best practice and the values of the Alliance.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or equivalent.
- Strong background in membership, loyalty or engagement marketing.
- Proven experience in implementing high performing marketing /membership strategies.
- Experience and understanding of CRM systems and analysis of data information.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of memberships within a non-government organisation environment.
- Solid understanding of the digital landscape and management of social media channels and web and print-based marketing tools
- A good understanding of the media at jurisdictional and national levels
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder relationship management, strategic communications, issues management and/or advocacy campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in developing and evaluating the effectiveness of communications strategies.
- Excellent advisory skills and confidence in providing guidance and advice to senior managers
- Capacity to think spontaneously, work proactively, respond positively to pressure, manage complex projects in a timely fashion and work constructively with a wide range of stakeholders in a small team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically for short periods
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365
To view the Position Description with the full role overview and list of accountabilities and selection criteria, please visit https://lgbtihealth.org.au/employment.
How to apply for this job:
If you would like to discuss the role and working at the Alliance, please call 360HR on 02 8860 9380.
Interviews for this role will be conducted on 4 November 2019. Candidates are encouraged to ensure they are available on this date.
- your CV
- covering letter
- completed application form (download here) along with answers to the following two questions
to the following questions to email@example.com using the subject line: Membership and Communications Officer application via Seek.
Please include answers to the following questions in your application:
- Describe a time you were successful in delivering an organisation’s message to a target audience. What was the key to its success?
- Describe how you would approach increasing our membership base and improving our member benefits?