Summary: The National LGBTI Health Alliance seeks applications for a new Expert Advisory Group that will provide advice, expertise, and guidance to the MindOUT project team. This is an important opportunity to contribute your expertise to the wellbeing and health of our communities.
The purpose of the MindOUT Expert Advisory Group is to support the MindOUT project to develop and implement activities and outcomes outlined in the projects Activity Work Plan.
The role of the Expert Advisory Group is to provide advice, expertise and support to the MindOUT project team on the development and delivery of the following activities:
- Contribute to developing an evidence-base to enable continued improvements in LGBTI suicide prevention
- Development and implementation of a research project that evaluates activities that are currently being undertaken by LGBTI groups, programmes and organisations that support mental health and suicide prevention.
- Development of a resource that provides guidelines for good practice approaches that will support the improvement of mental health and reduction of suicide in LGBTI populations
Those wanting to participate should complete the Expression of Interest, form below. You will be asked to demonstrate and explain:
- your interest and expertise in LGBTI Mental Health & Suicide Prevention
- which expert skills you can bring to the group (for example: research, clinical, evaluation, etc.)
- you ability to commit to this group for a minimum of 4 meetings per year until June 2021. Meetings will be held via ZOOM.
How to apply:
- Download and read the Information Pack (including the draft Terms of Reference)
- Complete the application form below by 25 October 2019
For further information contact Charlie Willbridge: National MindOUT Program Officer 02 8568 1127, or Zed Tintor: Programs Coordinator, Capacity Building Manager 02 8568 1118.