Expressions of interest are being sought from trans and gender diverse (TGD) community members, including community members who are representatives of TGD organisations and groups, who would like to join the Alliance’s Trans and Gender Diverse Advisory Committee.
About the National LGBTI Health Alliance
The National LGBTI Health Alliance (the Alliance) is the national peak health organisation in Australia for organisations and individuals that provide health-related programs, services and research focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people (LGBTI) and other sexuality, gender, and bodily diverse people and communities. As the national peak body for LGBTI health in Australia, our particular mission is to provide a national focus to improve health outcomes for LGBTI people through policy, advocacy, representation, research evidence, and capacity building.
Aims and Objectives
To provide ongoing advice to the Alliance to ensure best practice inclusion of TGD communities across all programs, policy and advocacy. The Advisory Committee will provide valued advice and guidance to the Alliance staff, secretariat and board in their work to improve health outcomes for TGD communities across Australia. Recommendations will be made for broader health system reform along with the actions required to strengthen inclusion of TGD people within the Alliance’s programs.
Meeting Frequency, Location and Sitting Fee
Meetings will begin in April 2020 and will be held every month until June 2020, after which time ongoing meeting frequency will be determined. Membership of the Advisory Committee will be reviewed annually.
Meetings will be held at a time and day agreed to by the Advisory Committee. Meetings will be conducted by Zoom.
Individual community members attending in an unpaid capacity will be provided with a sitting fee $40 per hour for attendance at the Advisory Committee meetings.
The selection criteria for successful applicants include:
- Demonstrated connection to trans and gender diverse communities and/or community groups/organisations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the lived experience of health and wellbeing issues impacting trans and gender diverse communities.
- Availability to commit to regular advisory group meetings.
The Advisory Committee will seek to be comprised of TGD community members from across Australia and a diverse range of settings (including metro, regional, rural and remote). It will also seek to include TGD community members with an ability to represent specific populations (such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, CALD/POC, PWD, and sex workers).
- Expressions of interest will be reviewed and scored against selection criteria
- Where over 12 expressions of interest are highly scored, further processes may be engaged (such as phone or email interview) to form the final committee.
- An advisory committee of 10-12 members will be convened, ensuring a diverse range of geographical locations and communities are represented.
- The first meeting will review and pass the Terms of Reference and workplan.
Please see the DRAFT TGD TOR here.
For further information please contact Mish Pony, Trans and Gender Diverse Specialist Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.