Call Out: Expressions of Interest
The Alliance is looking for representatives from the DES industry across Australia, especially those who have has some experience engaging with people with disability from the LGBTI community.
The National LGBTI Health Alliance is undertaking a project funded through NDIS via the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Economic Community Participation Disability Grant. The aim of this project is to produce resources for employers within the LGBTI+ sector to promote the hiring of LGBTI+ people with disability. The purpose of this consultation is to seek insight from Disability Employment Services around how we can help to increase employment in the LGBTI space. The consultation will involve a discussion around the current barriers to employment as well as the potential solutions that LGBTI employers could provide to increase inclusion and employment opportunities. The project team will use the information gathered from this consultation to create an Employer Toolkit to assist LGBTI organisations in employing people with disability.
About the National LGBTI Health Alliance
The National LGBTI Health Alliance (the Alliance) is the national peak health organisation in Australia for organisations and individuals that provide health-related programs, services and research focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people (LGBTI) and other sexuality, gender, and bodily diverse people and communities. As the national peak body for LGBTI health in Australia, our mission is to provide a national focus to improve health outcomes for LGBTI people through policy, advocacy, representation, research evidence, and capacity building.
- Expressions of Interest sought through advertising and through contacting DES providers directly
- The project team selection process will be primarily based on ensuring that we have diverse representatives from around Australia.
- Applications will be assessed by the project team and successful nominees will be contacted.
- Unsuccessful applicants will also be informed of the outcome.
How to Apply
Those wanting to participate should email the project team Co-ordinator.
Please provide the following:
- Your name, your contact and any organisation details.
- A brief outline about why you would like to be involved in the consultation.
When: 7th February 2020
Where: Sydney Metro
Time: 10:30am- 2:30pm
In person and online.
Phone: (02) 8568 1129
Closing date: 24.01.20