- Are you bothered by discriminatory film and video classifications, such as when a film that shows a woman and a man kissing is rated as appropriate for children, while one that shows two women or two men kissing is not?
- Do you worry about limited screening venues for films with LGBTI-related content?
- Are you concerned that schools and libraries do not provide fair access to films and books with gender, sexuality, and intersex themes, such as the NSW Premier’s ban on showing “Gayby Baby” in schools?
- Are you upset by the refusal of some Australian schools to carry publications that acknowledge the existence of intersex people or people of trans and/or non-binary experience?
- Have you ever been yelled at or hit in a public place, because you were reading a book/magazine, watching a film/tv show, or playing a video game that featured LGBTI content?
We want to let Government know what matters to you and your loved ones. Please take a moment to share your story with us about these and any additional relevant experiences beyond these examples.
You can find out more about the Senate Inquiry behind this consultation at this link: http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Economics/Personal_choice
Input due: WEDNESDAY 20TH JANUARY AT 5 PM SYDNEY TIME.
EMAIL YOUR RESPONSES/STORIES TO: Dr Gávi Ansara, Manager of Research & Policy,firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code ‘FILMS’ in your email title(s). Please let us know if you would like to remain anonymous.
If you prefer to respond by phone, please leave voicemail at 0499 770 484.